HOW TO DISPLAY A SOCIAL WALL IN WORDPRESS
WordPress is one of the most popular content management system being used by millions of websites… well this page you’re currently looking at is also using WordPress. If you’re using WordPress, you will be happy to know adding a Social Wall to your website is very easy. We are going to show you how to do this very shortly and you’ll be happy to know that we even built a WordPress Widget so you can copy and paste your Social Wall iFrame code. So let’s begin.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
In WordPress, you have the option to create a WordPress Pages or Posts. Pages are not associated to time so they are more static. As an example the Contact Us section of this website is a Page whereas this article is a Post (a blog entry). Adding your Social Wall to your Page or Post is pretty much the same process.
Here’s the steps needed to display your Social Wall on your WordPress Page/Post:
- On the Page/Post, click on the Text Tab. In this example we are using a Page with the title Social Wall.
- Login to your Social Wall Dashboard and copy the iFrame Code For WordPress. You will notice that this iFrame hides/disabled the scrolling.
- Paste the iFrame code into the text area like below. You can paste it in any location that you want. You will notice that you can specify the dimensions of the iFrame by changing the pixel sizes.
- You can then modify the width and height of the iFrame to suit your page or even set the Social Wall to responsive mode and it will dynamically change the size to fit your website.
WordPress widgets are a quick and easy way of adding content or features to predefined locations on your website. As mentioned previously, our Social Wall Team has actually created a Social Wall Widget that you can download and install this plugin from your WordPress Plugin dashboard. If you want to use the Social Wall Widget follow these instructions:
- Click on Add New in Plugins
- In the Search Field type “Social Wall Widget” and press enter
- In the search result list look for Social Wall Widget and press the Install Now button
- Click on Activate Plugin
- Once activated you will see the Plugin in the list
- Now to add the Widget to your website click on Appearance
- Click Widgets
- In the Widget List look for Social Wall Widget
- Click on Social Wall Widget and it will display the options where the widget can be located. Select the location and click Add Widget
- In the Blog Sidebar click on Social Wall Widget to view the options enter a title and the iFrame Code
- Click save and then check your website. The sidebar should display something like this:
Download Social Wall Widget For WordPress
If you want to manually upload the Social Wall Widget plugin then download and use this zip file.
Or you can download the zip file from WordPress.org
Example WordPress Sites
List of WordPress websites using Social Wall: