SOCIAL WALL FACEBOOK TIP – DISABLE FACE RECOGNITION
Facebook has introduced a feature called Face Recognition. This enables Facebook to go through photos and videos (either your friends or ones you’ve taken) and Facebook automatically tags them if it recognises your face. It’s a pretty cool feature to have, but for those of you who are worried about your privacy then we recommend you disable this. Note that Facebook is rolling this out to everyone so you may not have this option yet but make sure to bookmark this page so you can come back to these instructions.
By default, this is enabled, you need to follow these steps to disable this feature:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEB BROWSER (SCROLL DOWN FOR MOBILE APP INSTRUCTIONS)
- 2 INSTRUCTIONS FOR FACEBOOK MOBILE APP
- 3 Start displaying your Social Wall on any digital device NOW!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEB BROWSER (SCROLL DOWN FOR MOBILE APP INSTRUCTIONS)
- Login to Facebook and click on the down arrow at the top right-hand side
- Click on Settings
- Click on Face Recognition on the left-hand panel
- Select NO under Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FACEBOOK MOBILE APP
- Open the Facebook App and tap on the menu button (3 lines)
- Tap on account settings
- Tap on Face Recognition Settings
- Tap on the Face Recognition Question
- Tap on No